1. Skip to Content
  2. Skip to Navigation
Toggle Menu

Alcohol & Entertainment Licensing

Media & Entertainment

Our licensing lawyers provide legal advice to leisure and retail clients in connection with the sale of alcohol and provision of entertainment.

We can assist you in applying to carry out the following licensable activities:

  • The retail sale of alcohol;
  • Supplying alcohol by or on behalf of a club;
  • Late night refreshments – supply of hot food and drink between 11 pm - 5 am; and
  • Regulated entertainment – plays, films, music and sporting events.

In order to do so you may require a:

  • A premises license;
  • A club premises license;
  • A personal license; or
  • A temporary events notice.

We can help and guide you throughout the whole process of form completion, fee payment and the consultation exercise, including public notices in the press and at the premises.

If there is any objections, we can assist you with the Licensing Committee of the Council in any formal hearings and represent you on reviews and appeals.

For further information or advice, please contact Jonathan Pigford on 0191 262 8231 or email: Jonathan.Pigford@hay-kilner.co.uk

  • "I could not fault the service provided by Jonathan Pigford, he was very helpful and considerate."

    - Client of Jonathan Pigford